City of Toronto on new Address-Signs,
Display Of Addresses!
The City of Toronto want you to be seen and be found!
When your address is clearly visible from the street anyone benefits, emergency
vehicles can respond faster,
deliveries of goods and services are easily made, and traffic flow improves
as drivers can quickly spot an address they are seeking.
Help other to find you:
- Post your address with correctly sized numbers ( based on the setback from the curb)
- Place the numnber near the main entrance of the property.
- Ensure your address is clearly visible from the street.:
- Free the address of visual obstructions like bushes, trees, lawn furniture and signs.
- Ensure the number stands out from the building or sign it si affixed on
- Place numbers in a well lit location, or use reflective numbers
The revised minimum sizes for numbers posted on properties will ensure
that all emergency responders, delivery services and other visitors can find you.
It is responsibility of the property owner to post sized number that is
free of obstructions to ensure the address is easily seen and found..
Clearly identified properties lead to faster response times from emergency service vehicles in 2003
- Toronto's Emergency Medical Medical Service transported 142 000 patients
- Toronto's Fire Services responded to 9 259 fires and 2081 rescues